Self-love begins with loving the SKIN you’re in. Here are 5 basic needs for great skin.
- WATER : 99% off everything begins with water and yes, that includes skin. Alkaline water is recommended but not mandatory. Caffeinated drinks, sodas, processed juices and alcohol are not ideal for the skin. This doesn’t mean you must completely stop drinking those things. It’s important to be mindful of your daily/weekly consumption. Fall in love with drinking water and watch how your skin flourishes. If you must have a taste, feel free to add lemon. Lemon actually helps to cleanse your body. The goal is to get your urine as clear as possible.
- SLEEP: If you’ve ever wondered why some women look fresh and vibrant, not only are they minding their business, they are also getting enough sleep. Self-care is understanding what your body needs and making it your priority to do just that. It is recommended to get 7 -8 hours of sleep every night. I say push for 8-10. Your sleep is important for self-growth as a feminine woman. Your goal is to never be overworked. Manage your time and you will reap the benefit. Avoid sleeping while watching television or playing music unless it’s a meditative channel or soft peaceful music. Also, purchase a silk pillowcase as it fights against wrinkles.
- DIET & LIFESTYLE: What you eat shows in your appearance. Make it a habit to incorporate colorful fruits, vegetables in your diet. There are so many benefits to eating well and one is skin care. If you aren’t eating well, it will show on your skin, trust me! This is key along with hydration. Take the stairs. Your lifestyle will keep you in shape more than any gym. If you feel lazy or tired, it may be time to look at your diet and lifestyle.
- STRESS: Stress is a big one. It’s totally normal to be disappointed with things that happen in life, however, this is sure to age you faster than any of the things I’ve mentioned. Feminine women know how to work through issues with logic instead of emotions. If you can’t change your situation, change your mindset and change your situation. Never dwell on the past. Take time for yourself. Learn coping skills like breathing exercises, yoga, meditation or just walking. Love and pamper yourself every chance you get.
- MAKEUP: As a feminine woman, it’s important we learn the importance of makeup and how to use it. We also should learn how to apply and remove. Never, I repeat, never sleep in makeup. Purchase makeup removers and other agents like “Witchhazel” to remove makeup before washing your face. Wash your sheets and pillowcases often. Pull your hair back at night so it doesn’t touch your face. The key is to keep particles off your face when sleeping. Practice having a bare face is key!
- INVEST IN FACIALS: It’s wise to spend time on your face whether it’s weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. Facials are a great investment. You’ll be able to remove dead skin and with all the tips listed above, you’re sure to have glowing skin in no time. If you’re on a budget, facial DIY’s are good to try. Purchase the basics like lemon, baking soda and honey and you’ll be well on your way!
These are just a few things to think about when practicing good skincare. Of course we won’t be young forever, that isn’t the goal. The goal is to age GRACEFULLY. Feminine women age like fine wine because they take care of themselves at every age.
Is there anything else you’d add? Share below!